Every August, Thanksgiving Point brings back $2 Tuesdays. It is such a great deal for families. The venues at Thanksgiving Point usually cost between $10 and $20 per/person, so to be able to get into their locations for only $2 is an amazing price.
This year due to Covid-19, they are asking you to reserve your tickets ahead of time and there are a limited amount of tickets. No walk up tickets will be sold. So make sure to hop on and reserve soon: Thanksgiving Point $2 Tickets.
Thanksgiving Point has 5 locations that you can visit on $2 Tuesdays. We love all of them. Here is a rundown of each of the venues:
This is the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. It has lots of amazing fossils, and tons of hands-on fun including an erosion table and a spot for brushing off fossils. Our favorite thing to do is look for the hidden gnomes throughout the museum.
The Ashton Gardens are beautiful all year round. We love visiting during the Tulip Festival, but the flowers and grounds are stunning no matter the season. There are paths that weave all over the gardens, including a spot to feed the fish, which our boys love.
This is our boys’ favorite spot at Thanksgiving Point because there is a big place to play. There are 3 main areas: Kidopolis which is set up like a mini-city where kids can dress up, play banker, and create music; The Rainforest, which is a big place to climb and slide and act like animal; Waterworks where your kids will get a little wet but can explore pipes and water.
The Farm at Thanksgiving Point is a lot of fun to visit. There are wagon rides, and pony rides, and lots of animals to see. Bring a quarter and a sandwich bag for some food to feed the goats.
This is Thanksgiving Point’s newest venue, and it is amazing. There is a playground and hands-on exhibits. Best of all, there is a butterfly habitat. Hundreds of butterflies, flit, fly, and flutter all around you as you walk along the winding trails. It’s an amazing experience.
- $2 combo meal upgrade at The Tower Deli
- $2 for any shake or float at The Tower Deli Ice Cream Shop
- $2 flavored iced tea or lemonade at Harvest Restaurant (dinner only) or Trellis Café (lunch only)
- $2 cookie sundae with soft serve ice cream at Curiosity Cafe at the Museum of Natural Curiosity
Tips for $2 Tuesdays
- There will be crowds. I have seen the lines out to the parking areas in some instances. So you will have to decide if the wait is worth the deal. We recommend going early to get in line near the beginning of the time, or waiting to go during naptime in the early afternoon. But no matter when you go, there will be a lot of people, so be prepared.
- Take snacks, water, and a stroller if you need one. All of the venues let you bring these items in, and it will make the wait a lot easier, and improve your overall experience.
- If you are a Thanksgiving Point member, avoid Tuesdays in August. But you can get the $2 food deals on Mondays.