Today we went to Gardner Village to find the missing elves. If you haven’t been to Gardner Village, it is an old mill that has been revamped to be an old timey street with boutiques, bakeries, and shops. We love wandering around the village.
During the holidays, kids can find the missing elves and receive a free piece of taffy from the Chocolate Covered Wagon. This was a good day activity, and even though it was really cold, we walked around looking for elves and ducking into shops whenever we felt cold. We didn’t buy anything, but there were interesting shops for toys and games, candy, and books, as well as a bakery and a restaurant.
We recommend this activity for those of you wanting to get out of the house for awhile. It’s a nice daytime walk with a goal to keep kids entertained. Best of all, it’s FREE. So grab a clipboard, pencil, print off the scavenger hunt, and have fun with the Christmas Elves at Gardner Village. Oh, and wear some little gloves so all those little hands stay warm when they are working on their scavenger hunt. Here is the link for the current scavenger hunt.
Tips for Families
- Print the scavenger hunt beforehand. They are only asking for one per family/group now.
- Bring a clipboard and pencil. This makes it so much easier for kids, and my boys think it is so cool to walk around with a clipboard.
- Wear gloves to keep hands warm while they write answers down.
- Dress for the weather! It will be chilly and the scavenger hunt is all outside.
- Have fun and take lots of pictures.